April 13, 2019
We are excited about two fun-filled events coming up in April! On Tuesday, April 9, we will introduce LA Family Night. This great event will take place at Deadwood Restaurant and Western Theme Park in Williamston, NC and will feature an all-you-can eat pig pickin’ dinner, live music, raffles, and fun attractions for children of all ages (playground, putt-putt, train rides, roller coaster rides, and ice cream). And, on Saturday, April 13, our Drive for the Green Golf Tournament returns to Scotch Hall Preserve in Merry Hill.
These events will be our two largest fund-raising events of the year, and we need your support. Please make plans to attend one or both, and help us raise funds for the operations of the school. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds from these two events will be budgeted to purchase a new reading/writing curriculum for the school. The current texts and supporting products are being discontinued by the publisher, and we need to move forward with a replacement as soon as possible. New curriculums are the single most costly items in classroom expenditures, and your support for this project is vitally important.
How can you help?
- Attend the LA Family Night at Deadwood.
- Enter a golf team in the Drive for the Green Golf Tournament.
- Sell raffle tickets for the $20 each! We will be sending home books of five tickets each, and we would appreciate your help in selling the raffle tickets. The raffles will include a $2,000 cash prize and the opportunity to win a beach vacation, tuition discounts, and more!
- Help us identify businesses or individuals who are willing to sponsor these two events. Sponsor packages are attached.
- Encourage grandparents and special friends to attend one or both of these fun events.
What are the costs?
LA Family Night Tickets
Family of 6 - $125 Family of 3 - $75
Family of 5 - $120 Family of 2 - $60
Family of 4 - $100 Single Ticket - $30
Each package includes all you can eat pig pickin’ dinner (chicken tenders for kids 12 and under), one raffle ticket for the cash raffle, and access to Deadwood attractions for kids.
Drive for the Green Golf Tournament
The entry fee for a four person golf team is $400. Diamond and Platinum sponsors receive a team as part of their sponsor packages, and Gold sponsors receive half off of a team registration. Contact Velvet Powell for more information about the golf tournament.