The North Carolina Career and College Promise Program provides dual enrollment educational opportunities for eligible high school students in order to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry-level job skills. The curriculum for the program is offered through the North Carolina Community College system. Students must choose a pathway and enroll in one area of concentration. At the present time, Lawrence Academy offers the following Career and College Promise pathways through dual enrollment online courses with four regional community colleges.
- A Core 44 College Transfer Pathway leading to college transfer credit
- A Career and Technical Education Pathway leading to a certificate, diploma or degree
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Demonstrate college readiness (English, reading, and math) on an approved assessment or placement test
- Enter the program with a 3.0 GPA and maintain a 2.0 on college coursework after completing two courses
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation
Additional information on the Career and College Promise Program is available from the Lawrence Academy guidance office and the www.careercollegenc.org website.